Bad Boy Chocolate Brownies
100G BUTTER, CHOPPED
200G DARK CHOCOLATE
250G GOLDEN CASTER SUGAR
100G PLAIN FLOUR
1TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 TSP HABANERO PURÉE*
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas 4. Line a 22cm square brownie tin with baking parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Cool to room temperature. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Habanero Purée* to chocolate mixture stirring well.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Fold this in to give a fudgy batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle just set.
- Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.