Bad Boy Thai Mussels
1 KG MUSSELS
4 SPRING ONIONS
2 CLOVES OF GARLIC
½ A BUNCH OF FRESH CORIANDER
1 STICK OF LEMONGRASS
1/4 TSP SCOTCH BONNET PUREE*
1 X 400 ML TIN OF COCONUT MILK
1 TABLESPOON FISH SAUCE
- Wash the mussels thoroughly, discarding any that aren’t tightly closed.
- Finely slice the spring onions, peel and finely chop the garlic. Pick and set aside the coriander leaves, then finely chop the stalks.
- Chop the lemongrass into small pieces
- In a large saucepan, heat a little groundnut oil and soften the spring onion, garlic, coriander, lemongrass, 1/4 teaspoon of Scotch Bonnet Puree* and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to the boil, then add the mussels and cover the pan.
- Steam the mussels for 5 minutes, or until they've all opened and are cooked.
- Discard any unopened mussels.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice, then sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve.