Bad Boy Fish Chowder
2 TSP OLIVE OIL - 1L FISH STOCK
2 LEEKS FINELY SLICED
550G POTATOES DICED
1 LEMON (ZEST ONLY
330G CAN OF SWEETCORN
250G SALMON SKIN & BONELESS
250G WHITE FISH SKIN & BONELESS
HANDFUL CHIVES CHOPPED
2 TBSP DOUBLE CREAM (OPTIONAL)
1/4 TSP SCOTCH BONNET PUREE*
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and fry gently for 5 mins until softened.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in fish stock and lemon zest, add 1/4 teaspoon of Habanero puree* cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove half the potatoes and leeks from the stock and set aside.
- Blend the remaining potatoes, leeks, stock and milk until smooth. Add the sweetcorn, fish and reserved vegetables.
- Cover and gently heat for 3-4 mins until the fish is just cooked through - don’t boil.
- Stir in chives and cream, if using, then season with salt & black pepper to taste.